Christ the Lord Lutheran School is a preschool through eighth grade school, which provides a Christ-centered, Bible based education where children of our congregation and community have the opportunity to grow spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
If it pleases God, the vision of Christ the Lord Lutheran School is to:
- Develop the spiritual gifts of the children and prepare them for a life of Christian service to this congregation, the church at large, and the community.
- Seek to carry out Christ’s great commission of sharing the gospel with students and families in the community who do not know Jesus.
- Provide a Christian environment where children can develop their God-given talents through a comprehensive and stimulating academic curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- Develop and nurture a child-home-school partnership to assist the parents in their responsibility to “bring them (their children) up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4.
- Establish a distinctive identity in our community as a Christian school of excellence.
- Foster a deeper commitment to Christian education among member families.
- Expand in educational program and in full utilization of our physical plant.
Preschool Program Goals
We believe that children learn best by pursuing personal interests and goals. Children at Christ the Lord Lutheran Preschool are encouraged to make choices about materials and activities throughout the day. Specifically, these goals are accomplished with…
- activities that help children develop the large and small muscle control and coordination
- experiences and stories that encourage children to explore God’s world, to solve problems, and to express feelings
- a social environment that encourages children to play and talk with each other and with adults
- teachers who recognize the individuality of each child’s abilities and needs
Christ the Lord Lutheran Preschool exists to build the early training of children upon the love of God and His powerful Word of Life. The overall goal is to provide preschool experiences that assist parents in nurturing the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotion, and social development of their young children. We believe this goal can be reached when children learn by doing hands-on, active experiences that are developmentally appropriate for preschool children. At Christ the Lord Lutheran Preschool your child will experience a unique and special education and will be treated in an atmosphere of Christian love, care, trust, and respect.